We believe the BIBLE to be the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God. The Holy Spirit inspired the writers of the Old and New Testaments, pointing to Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world.
We believe there is one GOD, eternally revealed to the world in the Father, the Son [Jesus Christ], and the Holy Spirit. By Him all things were created.
We believe that God sent His Son, JESUS CHRIST, to redeem all of mankind. Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life on this earth, and performed many undeniable miracles. He was crucified for our sins and buried, and was raised on the third day for our justification. He ascended into heaven, now sits at the right hand of the Father in heaven, and will return personally in power and glory to receive His Church unto Himself, with whom He will rule and reign forever.
We believe that MANKIND was created in the image of God to have fellowship with Him, but became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, people are incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through their own efforts. God desires that none perish in this state, but that everyone come to repentance. Through faith in Christ alone, mankind may be saved from itself and final judgment.
We believe in the multi-faceted work of the HOLY SPIRIT: to bring conviction of sin and revelation of the truth of the Gospel; to draw sinners to God and adopt them into God's family through spiritual rebirth; to indwell believers; to distribute and administer the Gifts and Fruit of the Holy Spirit in believers' lives. Jesus Christ empowers the Church to do His will through the Baptism with the Holy Spirit.
We believe the CHURCH to be the body of believers worldwide. God uses the local expression of the Church to meet needs and change lives as His very own hands and feet. As such, all Christians should live for Christ and not for themselves. By obedience to the Word of God and daily yielding to the Spirit of God, every believer can mature and be conformed to the image of Christ.
At Summit, we value and ask ourselves the following:
- ACCEPTANCE because Christ always embraced people as they were before transforming their lives [John 8:11, Luke 19:1-10, Mark 1:40-41]. Do I show interest and care to those different than me? Am I inviting people to Morning Services so they can "KNOW GOD"?
- COMMUNITY because accountability, belonging, care, and spiritual growth happen best with relationally-connected believers [Romans 12:5]. Am I in a Small Group where I can "FIND FREEDOM"?
- MOVEMENT because God has a plan for your life and desires an intimate and growing relationship with you [Jer. 29:11, Heb. 6:1-2]. Is my relationship with God growing? Have I completed the Growth Track, so I can find my next step and "DISCOVER PURPOSE"?
- GENEROSITY because Christ said we'll be known for our love [John 13:35]. How am I sharing my time, money, knowledge, and resources for the advancement of the Gospel and the development of others? Am I serving on a Dream Team where I can "MAKE A DIFFERENCE"?
- KIDS because Jesus did, they're our greatest responsibility, and they will one day lead the church and the world [Matt. 19:14]. What am I doing to invest in the next generation? How am I blessing the Summit Kids team?
- FUN because laughter heals [Prov. 17:22]! Had enough "heavy" this week? Connect with us at Summit Church!