Summit Small Groups
How and when can I join Small Groups?
New groups start three semesters each year: spring, summer, and fall, and remain open to new members throughout the semester. Registration is open for our Spring Semester (January 28- April 28, 2018)! Simply Contact Us to let us know which of the groups below you're interested in, and we'll have the group leader reach out to you!
* Co-ed group in Newnan (Sundays, 5-6:30pm)
* Women's group in Newnan (Mondays, 6:30-8:15pm)
* Women's group at BTG, specifically for recovering addicts (Mondays, 10-11:30am)
* Men's group in Newnan (Saturdays, 8:30-10am)
* Co-ed Young Professionals/ College&Career" in Newnan (Thursdays, 7-8:30pm)
* Student Group (6-8 grade) in Newnan (Wednesdays at 6pm)
* Student Lunch Group (9-12 grade) (Sundays at 12pm)
“FREE MARKET” GROUPS:
* "Park-s-hopping" for women, moms, and their kids in Newnan/ PTC/ Senoia (Tues., 10:30am-12:30pm)
* "Creative Group" by Melissa White in Tyrone (Tues., 6pm)
* "Fresh Start" discipleship group in Newnan (Tues., 6:30pm)
* "Financial Peace" by Dave Ramsey in Newnan (Thurs., 6pm)
* "Golf Group" at Summergrove Golf Club driving range (Fri., 5:30pm)
* "Lunch Group" in Newnan (Sat. at 11am following Prayer)
What is a small group?
In times of need and times of fun, our "Summit Groups" are your source of friendship and support. They are your key to developing connections with those who share your interests or people who are dealing with similar life issues.
Summit Groups are an opportunity to reach out to others, while growing in your walk with the Lord. Groups meet once a week and can be in homes, businesses, restaurants, or other locations throughout the area. They change and begin again three times a year, so you can have the opportunity to try out different ones. You'll never fully experience all that Summit Church has to offer until you connect in a small group!
“Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Christ.” Acts 5:42
Small groups were vital to the church's growth then, and they are just as vital now. As we grow, we will offer a wide variety of groups that reflect the people at Summit Church and change and develop with their interests and needs.
What are the groups about?
Our groups are as varied as we are; group leaders use their gifts and passions to create a group that allows others to join with them in serving God. Whatever your age or interest—Bible study, cooking, prayer, missions, running, you name it—we're setting up groups just right for you, meeting all over the area.
Where do they meet?
Summit Groups meet in various locations throughout town. Most meet in homes, although some may meet at area businesses, parks, or restaurants.
Who can participate?
Summit Groups are open to everyone in the community.
When do they meet?
Groups meet at various times each week, chosen by the person leading the group.
How can I lead one?
If you're interested in leading a small group, just complete the Growth Track, join the Dream Team for a semester, and attend the Small Group Leadership Class, led by Pastor Greg prior to each semester.